Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

OUT OF BODY

I found a local yoga journal and they take poetry submissions. I think this poem would be appropriate to send to them, it seems to speak yoga. Namaste to all on this beautiful Thursday and remember to treat your body and mind as temples.


                     OUT OF BODY
Within the twilight of  my sleep,
We mirror each others likeness.
We are expansive, one
With the eagle, flying high;
Free falling through space
Amidst the clouds connected to
The sky that is our blue vista.
Diving through the unbiased air,
We hover above the summit,
No gravity yet drawn upward.
Half awake amid delusions and dreams,
The breeze brings me down to earth;
Reminding me I am caught between
My own philosophical heaven,
And reality to which I must return.
© Rose Bruno Bailey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! :D It amazes me how similar we are, and yet how different. I love the philisophical and spiritual aspects of yoga, but it's the physical earthy aspects that I normally write about. You really captured the core of yoga.

    ReplyDelete