Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Staying Young and Glowing

I have been getting some lovely comments as of late, ever since I have started eating a clean diet. People often ask my what I am doing, and believe it or not I approach anti aging  holistically.  No, I have not had any work done, nor  do I have hair extensions. I am flattered when people ask me, but always try to stay humble and remember the best benefit from eating healthy and exercising is good health.

I have been really working on eating clean, with tons of fruits and veggies. I drink water constantly, and also drink the super health beverage coconut water. I believe your skin glows when you eat and drink your vitamins and minerals.There has been studies done on beta carotene and the affect it does on the color of your complexion. I am proof positive it works.  Today I had a fresh juice of celery, carrot, grapefruit and ginger. I swear it gives me my glow. I take the supplement Hair, Skin,Nails. It gives me extra biotin and aids with the growth of my hair and nails and keeps my skin rosy . I eat mostly a vegetarian diet, but I have added some fish for now. It seems to help me lose weight, and the omega threes truly help in achieving that glow everyone searches for. My latest obsession is fat free Greek Yogurt with a tablespoon of walnuts, a banana, and a tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips for my sweet tooth. Treats are important in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Without them you may binge, and we all know how that story ends.

Of course grooming to a point is essential to looking young. My nails and toes are always neat, and I keep my hair and eyebrows trimmed and groomed regularly. I never sleep with makeup and I moisturize like it is a religion. I use BB Cream, it is amazing and has sunscreen. Do not forget your sunscreen!!!  I want to be tan for an event I have coming up but I will choose to spray tan rather than damage my skin and expose myself to the risks of skin cancer. Don't forget to exercise daily.

Of course try to always stay positive, smile, and remember to give back. The best advice to achieving a glow is to look within. Take the time to live your life to the fullest, don't take anyone for granted, and to have fun along the way. I always describe myself as a deep old soul who is very young at heart.  Love, light and peace to all. xoxo

                                                      Hamming it up with an IPhone.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture of you! I need to get some of that skin cream. :) Did you make that juice you mentioned? It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually bought it at WeHo Bistro, they are one of my sponsors for the Yoga Event and they make fresh real juices. BB Cream is awesome,you should try it. Thanks, it was just a quick phone pic.

    ReplyDelete