Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

A brand new year is upon us, and I am making a delicious vegetarian lasagna to celebrate the beauty of the day. My family tradition is to serve sauerkraut and pork roast, but since I choose to be meat-free I am making up some new traditions of my own. My vegetarian faux meat sauce I am cooking now looks amazing. I use a good red wine and  lots of tomatoes, onions and garlic to flavor the ground soy. The lasagna is going to be delicious, what an awesome twist  on a New Year's tradition






My husband and I and our two cats are enjoying a quiet holiday, well not so quiet since it is also football Sunday. What are some of your traditions? Have you chosen to reinvent traditions to make them your very own?

A friend of mine lost her beloved cat Gypsy today. I am a self admitted animal lover, and my cats are my family. My heart mourns for her and her family as they grieve their beloved feline family member. Our pets are never forgotten, years go by and we still miss them terribly.

I wrote this poem about my cat Dewey, thirteen years after I lost him. He was my best friend from 13-29. My family had many beloved pets over the years, all since passed away. We now have two beloved cats of our own, Stormy and Rascal; they are our newest loves. The heart always has room for more love, yet never forgets those gone from this world.

I dedicate this poem to my friends Susan, Melissa, Kristen, Jessica, and Donna and of course to beautiful Gypsy.

DEWY-EYED

Midnight warmth,

memory of my childhood;

long gone from my world.

yet never forgotten.


Always near to me,

shadow of my steps;

your roaring signature,

healed my myopic soul.


Your presence was sheer heaven,

during undesirable days of hell;

frightened at what was to be,

you were my diminutive anchor.


Now all that remains,

is a collection of old photographs;

my reminiscence of your very existence,

to remind my mind to never forget.


Midnight warmth,

seems like a dream to me;

memory of my childhood,

memoir of my heart.

(c) Rose Bruno Bailey

Happy New Year. Love, light, blessings and abundance in 2012 for all.
Prayers for those going through loss and hardships, may you find strength in those you love.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried to comment on this twice, and both times it told me it went through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rose...I know exactly how you were feeling when you wrote your lovely poem. Memories sustain us....

    ReplyDelete