Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MOST BEAUTIFUL OBLIVION


MOST BEAUTIFUL OBLIVION

If I could do nothing

with my days,

I would be content

to sit idly by;

bask in the nothingness,

never complain

or wish for more.

 

I would be simple,

drink sweet tea;

eat almond cookies,

Watch my cat

linger in the sun;

endeavoring

to be like him.

 

If I could do nothing

I would savor

the warmest breeze,

walk amongst

lilies of the valley;

and just revel

in their intoxication.

 

I would flee

like an eagle,

never worry

or come undone;

my days would

be carefree,

my nights starry.

 

Birds would be

my serenade,

I would listen

instead of talk;

I would see

with closed eyes,

and deeply feel

with all my senses.

 

If I could do nothing

with my days,

I would make

every moment count;

express my gratitude

to everyone I love,

never taking for granted

my fleeting freedom. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! You captured such peacefulness, stillness, and longing.

    ReplyDelete